Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Jesus Teaches And Heals:
The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37) - - - - - - - Section 22
(25) And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(26) He said unto him, What is written in the law? How readest thou?
(27) And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy strength and with all thy understanding, and thy neighbour as thyself.
(28) And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right; do this, and thou shalt live.
(29) But he, desiring to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
(30) And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment and wounded him and departed, leaving him half dead.
(31) And it so happened that a certain priest came down that way; and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
(32) And likewise a Levite, when he came near the place and looked on him, he passed by on the other side.
(33) But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was; and when he saw him, he was moved with compassion
(34) and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
(35) And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two denarius and gave them to the host and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
(36) Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
(37) And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go and do thou likewise.
~ Luke 10:25-37 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|