Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Jesus Teaches And Heals:
The Lost Son (Luke 15:11-32) - - - - - - - Section 23
(11) And he said, A certain man had two sons;
(12) and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of the estate that falls to me. And he divided unto them his living.
(13) And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together and took his journey into a far country and there wasted his estate with riotous living.
(14) And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
(15) And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
(16) And he longed to fill his belly with the husks that the swine ate, but no one gave them unto him.
(17) And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have abundance of bread, and I perish here with hunger!
(18) I will arise and go to my father and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before thee
(19) and am no longer worthy to be called thy son; make me as one of thy hired servants.
(20) And he arose and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
(21) And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in thy sight and am no longer worthy to be called thy son.
(22) But the father said to his slaves, Bring forth the best robe and put it on him and put a ring on his hand and shoes on his feet
(23) and bring here the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and be merry;
(24) for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. And they began to be merry.
(25) Now his elder son was in the field, and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.
(26) And he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant.
(27) And he said unto him, Thy brother is come, and thy father has killed the fatted calf because he has received him safe and sound.
(28) And he was angry and would not go in, therefore his father came out and intreated him.
(29) And he, answering, said to his father, Behold, these many years I have served thee, neither at any time have I transgressed thy commandment; and yet thou never gavest me a kid that I might make merry with my friends. (30) But as soon as this thy son was come who has devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed the fatted calf for him.
(31) And he said unto him, Son, thou art always with me, and all that I have is thine.
(32) It was necessary that we should make merry and be glad, for this thy brother was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.
~ Luke 15:11-32 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|