Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Jesus is Born:
An Angel Visits Mary (Luke 1:26-56; Matthew 1:18-24) - - - - - - - Section 2
(26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
(27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
(34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(36) And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
(37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.
(38) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
(39) And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
(40) And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
(41) And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
(42) And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(43) And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
(44) For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
(45) And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
(46) And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
(47) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
(48) For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
(49) For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(50) And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
(51) He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
(52) He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
(53) He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
(54) He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
(55) As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
(56) And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.
~ Luke 1:26-56 King James Version
(18) Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
(19) Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
(20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
(21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(22) Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
(23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
(24) Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
(25) And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
~ Matthew 1:18-25 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|