Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Jesusí Last Week:
Jesus Is Arrested (Mark 14:26-52; John 18:10-11) - - - - - - - Section 32
(26) And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
(27) And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.
(28) But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.
(29) But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I.
(30) And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
(31) But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.
(32) And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.
(33) And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;
(34) And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
(35) And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
(36) And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
(37) And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
(38) Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
(39) And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.
(40) And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.
(41) And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
(42) Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.
(43) And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.
(44) And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely.
(45) And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him.
(46) And they laid their hands on him, and took him.
(47) And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
(48) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?
(49) I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
(50) And they all forsook him, and fled.
(51) And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him:
(52) And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.
~ Mark 14:26-52 King James Version
(10) Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
(11) Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?
~ John 18:10-11 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|