Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
The Church Begins:
Peter Heals Aeneas And Dorcas (Acts 9:32-43) - - - - - - - Section 49
(32) And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.
(33) And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.
(34) And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
(35) And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.
(36) Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
(37) And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
(38) And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
(39) Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
(40) But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
(41) And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
(42) And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.
(43) And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.
~ Acts 9:32-43 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|