Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Paulís Missionary Journeys:
The Second Journey Begins (Acts 15:36-16:15) - - - - - - - Section 54
(36) And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.
(37) And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
(38) But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
(39) And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
(40) And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.
(41) And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
~ Acts 15:36-41 King James Version
(1) Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek:
(2) Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium.
(3) Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.
(4) And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
(5) And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
(6) Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,
(7) After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
(8) And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas.
(9) And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.
(10) And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.
(11) Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis;
(12) And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days.
(13) And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.
(14) And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
(15) And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.
~ Acts 16:1-15 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|