Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Fathers Of Israel:
Joseph’s Dreams Cause Trouble (Genesis 37:1-17) - - - - - - - Section 17
(1) And Jacob dwelt in the land wherein his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan.
(2) These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.
(3) Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours.
(4) And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him.
(5) And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.
(6) And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed:
(7) For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.
(8) And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.
(9) And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
(10) And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
(11) And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.
(12) And his brethren went to feed their father's flock in Shechem.
(13) And Israel said unto Joseph, Do not thy brethren feed the flock in Shechem? come, and I will send thee unto them. And he said to him, Here am I.
(14) And he said to him, Go, I pray thee, see whether it be well with thy brethren, and well with the flocks; and bring me word again. So he sent him out of the vale of Hebron, and he came to Shechem.
(15) And a certain man found him, and, behold, he was wandering in the field: and the man asked him, saying, What seekest thou?
(16) And he said, I seek my brethren: tell me, I pray thee, where they feed their flocks.
(17) And the man said, They are departed hence; for I heard them say, Let us go to Dothan. And Joseph went after his brethren, and found them in Dothan.
~ Genesis 37:1-17 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|